We love cooking and even more when we use organic products. Today we are going to share snack and dessert recipes with fresh ingredients that the whole family will love.
Kale Chips are easy to prepare can be a snack or even a side dish with your favorite sandwich or burger.
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon togarashi powder
- 1 pound dinosaur kale, washed and torn into 3-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for coating the baking sheets
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Put the salt, sugar, and togarashi into a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Place the kale leaves into a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss well until the kale is thoroughly coated and then place the kale in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the kale for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven and cool for 4 minutes prior to serving.
A delicious blend of spices, nuts and seeds that will delight all.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup shelled pecans
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- spice mix
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- simple glaze
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light or dark brown sugar
- Toast nuts and seeds in a dry sauté pan; set aside.
- Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a bowl; set aside.
- Bring water, butter and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking constantly. Pour over nuts and seeds, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until well coated. Transfer nuts and seeds to the spice mixture bowl and toss to coat with spices. Spread on parchment paper to cool.
These delicious cookies are definitely a sweet treat for everyone.
- 50 almonds, blanched
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grind 12 of the almonds to a fine powder. Mix together cream butter and honey. Add egg, ground almonds, and extracts.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Add gradually to wet ingredients. Knead into dough.
- Pinch off small balls of dough and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Press flat into 1/2-inch thickness. Make an indention in top of each cookie and place a whole almond in each. Bake for 15 minutes.
Sweet Potato Pie
Spices bring out the best of sweet potatoes, which produce a lusciously colored, rich and delicious holiday pie.
2 cups cooked and cooled sweet potato
4 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup honey
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup milk (any variety) or cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pie shell (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat together sweet potato flesh and butter until creamy. Add remaining filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven; set aside to cool before serving.
These are just some recipes that you can make with your fresh produce. We challenge you to get creative and use these on your next meal or event. Enjoy!